Stress affects your day-to-day life and can be detrimental to your health. At the same time controlling your stress is easier said than done. Short of medication there are various techniques that will effectively reduce your stress. Give the following methods a try.
1. Biofeedback. Hooked up to electric leads, biofeedback monitors your heart rate, skin temperature, blood pressure and breathing. These biological functions are signs of stress. By watching the readout of the bodily functions you can teach yourself to regulate and control them. Biofeedback is a proven anxiety and stress reducer that is also good for your health.
2. Meditation. The process of simply quieting your mind and in effect; relaxing. Researchers believe that daily meditation can significantly reduce stress and lower your blood pressure. Try sitting a quiet spot and not thinking for 20 minutes a day. It just might eliminate the incessant thoughts you are stressed about.
3. Massage. If youâ€™ve ever experienced a massage then you know its relaxing power. Numerous studies show that massage and actual physical touch is responsible for decreasing cortisol levels to relieve stress. Some health care providers now cover massage therapy due to its positive impact on your health.
4. Hypnosis. Not only a cool trick at the fair but also a worthwhile therapeutic treatment. The benefits of hypnosis are two-fold. The process of hypnosis helps you to relax while you also train yourself to be less stressed or lead a less stressful lifestyle. You can either choose to see a professional hypnotist or learn easy methods to hypnotize yourself.
5. Yoga. It is all in the breath. Yoga involves athletic stretches and exercises based around focus and your breathing. The process is deeply relaxing and good for your body too. Yoga teachers claim that the moves restore the flow of energy in your body. Whether you believe this or not, yoga is an effective method to control stress. Try yoga only if you are physically fit enough for the exercises.
6. Art and crafts. Hobbies are an excellent way to take your attention of the daily stresses. Try an art class or buy a pottery wheel. Artists and hobbyists know that focusing all of your attention on a piece of art is a cathartic experience. Take up an art form for yourself and reap the benefits.
Donâ€™t let stress control your life. Utilize these methods will help you to live healthier and stress free.
Matthew Sommer writes health tips and helps people to compare health insurance quotes.