- Your Questions About Natural Antibiotic Herbs | Herbal and …: George asksâ€¦ garlic is it a natural antibiotic? … http://bit.ly/eigcou #
- Life Time Fitness profits jump 17%, meet estimates: Life Time Fitness Inc. reported Thursday first quarter profi… http://bit.ly/e0ABIM #
- Allergy Sufferers Turn to Alternative Treatments: Allergy season is here and many are turning to unconventional … http://bit.ly/gIiUAL #
- Your Questions About Alternative Medicine Articles | Ponder …: Mary asksâ€¦ Can someone help me find ACCURATE AN… http://bit.ly/heqRb3 #
- LA Fitness' New Pasadena Club is Its 2nd Location in Anne Arundel County, Maryland: IRVINE, Calif., April 22, 20… http://bit.ly/fXq1D7 #
- Herbal Alternative Medicine Cures | Harticles.Co.Cc: Alternative medicine provides powerful cure in treating dep… http://bit.ly/hjf7ja #
- The 11th Annual Womenâ€™s Health and Fitness Expo: The 2011 Women's Health & Fitness Expo features reality TV sta… http://yhoo.it/hkSrgz #
- Vitamins And Herbs | Alternative Medicine Is Not Medicine: Alternative medicine, like homeopathy, vitamins and m… http://bit.ly/eN3rQz #
- Columbia police sponsoring fitness competition: A physical fitness competition between local law enforcement off… http://bit.ly/gGtgWb #
- Steve Novella goes to Oz | Bad Astronomy: If youâ€™ve read this blog for more than a few nanoseconds, you may know… http://bit.ly/hOf6pp #
- Orange County Chiropractor Service And Alternative Medicine Sales …: Despite some heavy censorship and negati… http://bit.ly/fcOyFK #
- New fitness center opens in Riverdale: Jean Hill likes to keep moving, so the new Frank Bailey Fitness Center in… http://bit.ly/e44KTJ #
- Vitamins And Herbs | Alternative Medicine Is Not Medicine: Alternative medicine, like homeopathy, vitamins and m… http://bit.ly/hjIyQf #
- Essien fitness boost for Chelsea: Michael Essien could be fit for Chelsea's key Premier League derby against Tot… http://bbc.in/ebgmf6 #
- SAGE Launches Journal Of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine (JEBCAM): SAGE recently launched th… http://bit.ly/kTlPKx #
- NIH Launches New Resource on Complementary and Alternative …: The National Center for Complementary and Altern… http://bit.ly/iBhV51 #
- Urban Fitness calls suits meritless: The Urban Active Fitness chain is calling meritless three Ohio lawsuits tha… http://bit.ly/ji5lh5 #
- NIH Launches New Resource on Complementary and Alternative Medicine: The National Center for Complementary and A… http://bit.ly/k9H3tb #
Archives for April 2011
- Alternative Medicine for Mental Wellbeing | Acupuncture Treatment: Some topical healthcare studies* evoke with t… http://bit.ly/haSeFj #
- Athletics: XSport Fitness Becomes Title Sponsor of the XSport Fitness Rock 'n' Roll Chicago Half Marathon: 25,00… http://bit.ly/gxRFJf #
- Integrative Medicine, Spirituality Improves Outcomes In Urban Adolescents With Asthma: A new study by researcher… http://bit.ly/huZTyQ #
- Alternative Medicine Colleges: Making the Grade | Acupuncture …: attain Alternative Medicine Colleges in the U… http://bit.ly/f5nZWj #
- Fitness role model Scott Hildebrand combines circuit and weight training: Abita Springs resident is former head … http://bit.ly/hVsL5I #
- Yoga, medication helps improve asthma symptoms in urban adolescents: Washington, April 16 (ANI): A new study has… http://bit.ly/gYBbBU #
- The Intricate Web Of Alternative Medicine That Many Are Not Aware …: Notwithstanding the fact that the underne… http://bit.ly/eP8tWN #
- Napa woman opens mobile fitness 'studio': After spending a few years away from her hometown, Napaâ€™s own Camille … http://bit.ly/iiWWD6 #
- Fitness centers pump up malls: Mall walking isn't the only exercise going on at Orlando Fashion Square, Oviedo M… http://bit.ly/fZRVts #
- Human Health Specialists Announces New Location in Scottsdale, AZ: The Arizona alternative medicine specialists… http://yhoo.it/fc7VIq #
- 10 Advantages of Alternative Medicine & Natural Remedies – NEXUS …: Again, alternative medicine treatments are… http://bit.ly/fyxH2c #
- Fitness center coming to Frisco: Beginning in June, Frisco residents will no longer have to cross town lines to … http://bit.ly/gFT8np #
- Leaking gut: A series of bizzare symptoms that led conventional medical experts on a merry dance was finally rec… http://bit.ly/eV98In #
- breast cancer: 21st Century Understanding Cancer Toolkit …: This e-book presents a thorough review of the subj… http://bit.ly/eGHBWR #
- Saints fitness no problem – Fisher: ST KILDA defender Sam Fisher said fitness certainly wasn't one of the factor… http://bit.ly/hqAP5a #
- Seasonal Allergy Sufferers Turn to Alternative Medicine in Record Numbers: Seasonal allergy suffers may turn to … http://bit.ly/h3Bpdd #
- Acupuncture for Arthritis Can Ease Your Pain – Alternative …: Can acupuncture help with your arthritis pain? S… http://bit.ly/hp2xIC #
- Plano police: Body found near tollway is missing fitness instructor: Susan Loper of Frisco was reported missing … http://bit.ly/hzYHT8 #
- Why Medical Schools Should Not Teach Integrative Medicine: Bogus medical treatments going under the name "integr… http://bit.ly/eLrBDe #
Some tips on how to avoid pollen allergies with the arrival of warm weather and spring. The longer days and pleasant breezes blow pollen from blooming flowers causing a mixed reaction for those with allergies. We live in a green world, filled with trees, plants and shrubs it’s difficult to avoid pollen allergies.
There are ways to minimize the reactions and survive pollen allergies. Pollen is an invisible nuisance that comes from everyday sources around us. Once it reaches our sinuses and eyes it will trigger an allergic reaction. Talk with a New York allergist about the tools of survival; facial masks, over the counter medications, pets, outdoor activities and personal hygiene.
Take control and minimize the pollen count in your own home first. Spring clean the windows, air conditioning vents, replace vent screens and remove dust. Pets carry pollen on their coats from outside; keep them bathed to remove pollen. Same applies to visitors who may transport pollen on their clothing or in their hair. Change bedding weekly and do the laundry inside, no clotheslines allowed during the allergy season. Learn more about pollen carriers and how to prevent, control and eliminate the pollen exposure.
Findthe pollen count in your area and when it peaks and know which pollen causes an allergic reaction. At peak time stay indoors, close the windows and use recycled air and be prepared with treatments for allergy reactions. Going outside, wear a mask for protection, change your clothing when you return home and wash your hands.
Avoiding pollen allergies may be difficult, but controlling the amount of exposure to allergy pollen is possible. Treatments range from pills, inhalant sprays and shots to strengthen immune systems against pollen allergies. In some cases these treatments may not eliminate the allergies, but they will lessen the allergy symptoms. Consult with an allergist for the best remedy.
We would like to thank Marc for the guest post above. We have provided relief to thousands with our Air Oasis and IQAir air purifiers, available on our Better Health Innovations Site. Find our how these incredible technologies can help you have a great summer by minimizing airborne allergens.
You know that all fruits and vegetables come in many colors. Did you know that these colors exist not just to make the fruits and vegetables appear attractive? These colors are packed with minerals, vitamins, and several other nutrients that keep you healthy and fit. Doctors advise us to eat a variety of variety fruits and vegetables, and for a good reason.
A balanced diet should be comprised of many food items; the more colorful the food items, the more nutritious your diet. Be sure though, that you purchase brightly colored vegetables and fruits from natural farmers markets or from organic stores. This is because [Read more…]
So, on top of developing better health, losing weight, building muscle, or whatever other physical goals you have, you like have plenty of other tasks on your plate – work, family, friends, etc. And we’ve all had those moment where we’ve wanted to throw our hands in the air and give up (and then eat a whole tub of ice cream).
As we encounter more and more of those moments – regardless of their severity – they will build up over time and could ultimately lead to burning out. That pressure gradually builds up – pressure from within and from others – and can negatively affect our progress. It’s more than just feeling physically tired; you’ll also feel emotionally drained. It may be hard to find motivation or you may even feel depressed.
Your sleep, your appetite, your relationships, and your job may all be negatively affected by this burnout. You may feel like you’re losing self-control or becoming pessimistic. You may start having headaches or getting frequently sick.
There are plenty of symptoms of burnout, but there are also plenty of solutions:
- Take Time to Prioritize For a few days, just do the important, vital tasks – nothing more. You can’t necessarily escape it all, but try to escape what you can. Regenerate and relax.
- Take Care of Your Body This means eating right, exercising each day, and getting enough sleep. A healthy diet, along with adequate sleep and exercise, can help you get over any burnout.
- Don’t Be Afraid To Delegate Whether just temporarily (to deal with your current burnout) or for the longterm (to prevent future burnout) see what you can do about shifting your workload.
- Implement Appropriate Boundaries Don’t be afraid to tell someone “no” if it’s the only way to maintain your overall wellness. Also, stick to a pre-established so you don’t get spread too thinly.
- Have Some “Me” Time That may mean taking 30 minutes to watch one of those awful reality TV shows or spending an hour working on a hobby or talent.
- Make Time to Have Fun Life is meant to be enjoyed. Even if it’s just once a month, take a day to “get away from it all” by watching movies or going hiking.
None of us are free from the risk of burnout. But by taking care of yourself, you can prevent and overcome.
Scott Spjut is a writer and editor who has been featured in various magazines, newspapers and websites – including Newsweek, the Washington Post, CBS News and the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Scott currently works with Professional Marketing International helping people change their lives.