- Alternative Medicine Schools | Definition Of Health: Find Alternative Medicine Schools in the United States and … http://t.co/rlHiObOU #
- Henry faces fitness test ahead of Man Utd clash: Arsenal striker Thierry Henry faces a late fitness test ahead o… http://t.co/2i9mzZQH #
- Alternative Medicine Programs , Step towards a Bright Career …: Alternative Medication Applications , Action t… http://t.co/RG9cHSfJ #
- Fitness center holding competition to help people lose weight: AMERICAN FORK — It isn't often that the phrase "… http://t.co/N22u0mt8 #
- FINDING FITNESS: Every January, top New Yearâ€™s resolutions include losing weight, getting fit and reducing stres… http://t.co/vUhXXrNm #
- Is Alternative Medicine a Good Approach to Your Health Problems?: In the last decade it has been noticed that al… http://t.co/bsBBukOm #
- Integrity Health Franchises Launches New Fitness Technology: New EZ Coach fitness system addresses the health of… http://t.co/Bq7CKM5p #
- What is Alternative Medicine: What's option medicine? This is a term used to describe the different forms of med… http://t.co/h5mC2INp #
- LA Fitness shamed by twitter campaign â€“ cancels jobless pregnant womanâ€™s contract: LA Fitness has backed down. I… http://t.co/I6IQAY5R #
- Is Alternative Medicine Right For You? | Articles Fancy: There are some ailments and diseases in fact that conve… http://t.co/IF5mr8Ut #
- ThunderBell Now Available at BHI | Teeter Hang Ups http://t.co/eauy8I67 #
- Alternative Medicine Therapies | Light Years Ahead: The Illustrated …: Light Years Ahead: The Illustrated Guid… http://t.co/28i8GZpc #
- Michael De Medeiros Named Editor-in-Chief of Men's Fitness: NEW YORK, Jan. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — David J. Pec… http://t.co/Kf3GVDvL #
Archives for January 2012
Your knees form the largest and perhaps most important joint in your body. It is composed of three major bones that are divided into the femur (lower end), which revolves on the tibia (upper end) and the patellae (knee cap). Together, these three parts work together as a cohesive unit allowing you to run, walk and sprint freely. With your knees bearing much of your body weight and getting constant abuse, they are susceptible to injuries that lead to chronic or acute pain, and can impede on your ability to move if not properly cared for.
Despite the fact that your knees play a pivotal role any sort of mobility, they are still one of the most abused and injury prone parts of your body. As such, soreness and aches in this specific region demands the expertise of healthcare experts who can accurately assess your condition and prescribe the appropriate treatment plan.
Before delving into how this type of affliction is treated, it is essential that you first educate yourself on the different kinds of injuries that can affect your knees and the best ways to prevent them from happening to you.
Types of Knee Pain
1. Torn Knee Ligaments â€“ accidents such as slips or falls can twist the knee causing the ligaments and cartilage to tear. When this happens, an intense painful throb from the knees can ensue followed by inflammation and bruising. This kind of accident is especially common for individuals who engage in sports and other strenuous activities that require jumping, running, and abrupt movements.
2. Overworked Knees â€“ apart from acute injuries, muscle strains, bursitis, and tendonitis are three of the most common type of problems that are triggered by constantly over-stressing the knees. It is characterized by mild pain at the onset, but when left untreated can result on intense aches that leave the knees incapacitated over a period of time.
3. Knee Osteoarthritis – a prevailing cause of knee pain for older individuals. Knee osteoarthritis is a type of arthritis that worsens as one ages. As the articular cartilage on the knees age and degenerates, it becomes weaker and more likely to suffer from stiffness, inflammation, and pain. Those diagnosed with this condition must often turn to a combination of pain reducing medications, physical therapy, and simple stretching exercises to boost the flexibility of the muscles and ligaments that support the knees.
4. Anterior Knee Pain â€“ also referred to as the runnerâ€™s knee, this kind of affliction targets the younger population who are leading highly active and mobile lives. It is caused by a number of factors that include over-stressing the knees, misalignments of the foot and spine, and subjecting the knee caps to unnecessary tension.
Preventing Knee Pain
Limiting your chances of injury is quite easy if you make a conscious effort to warm up, maintain a consistent level of strength through knee focused exercise, and add stretches into your daily routine. When engaging in activities that you know can subject your feet, knees, and spine to extra stress, make sure to begin slowly so that your body has time to adjust to the new activity. Walking briskly before breaking out into a full run, for instance, can help prevent the knees from incurring minor injuries that lead to chronic pain issues over time.
Treating Knee Pain
Treatment for knee pain can run from simple non-invasive procedures such as cold or hot compresses, rest, medications and knee exercises to surgeries for those facing tougher scenarios like a torn ACL or MCL.
As activity prone creatures, the knees perform the key role of keeping us upright and moving. Neglecting to tend to the needs of our knees will not only render us less mobile; it can also adversely affect our entire way of living.
When daily events wear out the smile and pleasantness in a person’s face, a stress relieving tea is one of the most recommended beverages to feel refreshed and relaxed again. There are several kinds of tea in the market today; most of which offers rejuvenating and relaxing effects on the body, being natural stress relievers. But what exactly are the different types of stress relieving tea and in what ways do they do magic on the relaxing the body?
Different Stress Relieving Tea for the Body
- Green Tea
Since the ancient times, green tea has been used by many people around the world as a very effective natural stress relief. Americans in particular are very agreeable when it comes to talking about how good they feel after drinking green tea.
Green tea contains adequate amount of caffeine to make a person mentally alert while its grassy and natural flavor makes the mind at ease and relaxed. Furthermore, green tea helps flush out body’s toxins and clean the intestines.
- Skullcap Tea
Women find skullcap stress relieving tea to be very appealing since it’s an effective relief for muscle tension and spasms due to premenstrual syndrome. Other causes of muscle tension as well as headaches can also be relieved by skullcap tea.
- Ginseng Tea
Ginseng tea is a popular herbal tea known to calm nerves and tension immediately after drinking it. After a tiresome day when the body feels very exhausted and a person feels like yelling with all the stress he’s experiencing, a warm ginseng stress relieving tea would help in calming him down.
- Valerian Tea
Valerian tea, as one of natural stress relievers, might not be the favorite of many due to its taste. But when it comes to making the body relax, valerian tea can be considered as one of the best. It induces sleep quite effectively and is actually considered by many insomniacs as a relaxation therapy for them to sleep well.
Other effective tea for stress includes black tea, lemon verbena tea, and chamomile tea. Stress relieving tea is most effective when served warm and in the afternoon. It’s also a nice replacement for coffee when all one needs is increasing mental alertness. However, the ingredients of the different tea for stress have different effects on the body so one needs to know first which kind of tea can give him the satisfaction of either making him relax while being mentally alert or making him relax to the point of sleeping.
Barefoot running has been quite the debate lately. Most people are either really against it or really supportive of the idea, there is no middle ground. I tend to support the idea because I think it makes a lot of sense. Back in the day, let’s say the hunter/gather era, we didn’t run around with nice padded shoes on our feet. Nowadays, we’ve gotten used to our padded running shoes that have us landing with the heel of our foot on each stride. However, if you take your shoes off and try to run, you’re almost forced to land on the ball of your feet instead. In my mind, this is a more natural running style. I’ll tell you why.
1) The Forefoot Strike
Landing on the ball of your feet instead of your heel makes a lot more sense. Think about it. When you land on the heel of your foot, you’re essentially hitting the brakes on each stride. Each stride also sends a chain reaction of stress up your calf, thigh, hip, and back. Going for your normal run can result in hundreds of these kinds of impact collisions. Runners who run this way are usually prone to stress fractures and other related injuries. However, landing on the ball of your feet on each stride provides you a more springier step and more support.
2) Strengthening Your Leg Muscles
There’s no question that the nature of running barefoot can improve and strengthen the muscles in your feet, ankles, legs, and so on. You are basically forced to watch the ground below you and watch out for anything you don’t want to step on, so you make adjustments in your footing as you go. This can also result in teaching yourself better balance. Taking all the cushion away from your feet activates muscles that you didn’t use as much with normal running shoes.
3) Restoring The Connection
You lose a lot of the communication between your feet and body when you use normal running shoes. Barefoot running reconnects you with your environment and dramatically increases the signals and communication flowing through your body. In this situation, you’re forced to use your eyes more, more of your muscles are working to support you, and the structures of the bones in your feet and legs are being put to the test. There’s a lot going on here! You want these kinds of communication to be flowing nicely so that your body can work in a high alert mode that protects you.
Now, when I say barefoot running, I don’t mean literal barefoot running. There are plenty of barefoot or minimalist type running shoes that can simulate barefoot running while protecting the bottom of your feet from the ground.
In this post, I make barefoot running seem like a walk in the park and that there are only benefits. The truth is, it’s really tough. Especially at first. It’s safe to say that barefoot running isn’t for everyone. If you take up barefoot running, you need to ease into it slowly. At first, you might even be more prone to injury and blisters with barefoot running than you are with traditional running. You’re also more prone to hazards on the surfaces that you decide to run on, so try running on softer surfaces first. As you get used to it, you may never turn back to traditional shoes.
Dan Thomas loves topics on health & fitness and shares his knowledge freely. He also writes reviews on running shoes with toes and what you should know about them. Follow him on Twitter (@HealthCrazyDan) for health, fitness, and personal development ideas!
How can a log regarding your exercise improve a person’s further advancement with your training as well as fat reduction objectives? Whenever an individual wants to boost their fitness level it is very important. A lot of people simply just give it a quick thought, then just get cracking doing whatever they think they should do. Some don’t realize it might have much of an effect so they merely pass over it casually. On occasion they are just nonchalant. Nonetheless saving an individual’s progression can be a highly effective approach as part of your fitness goals. Exactly how will logging a person’s fitness development help? Why should you really care?
For starters, to find out your destination it is recommended to realize where you are starting. It is important to have a standard, a log associated with one’s body composition. This may include ones weight, measurements about several areas of one’s body, a before photograph, and make use of a certain piece of clothing to try on. In the future you will use it once more to see the way it feels.
Second, your objective will be on paper. It’ll be straightforward and determined. Simple reason why this really is effective is if you have undefined goals you can believe you have no real direction and may start to feel demotivated. When just beginning motivation is oftentimes the hardest factor to call up. Clear, specified missions provide you with a motivational influence.
Next, chronicles may help ensure that your regimen happens to be healthy and well balanced. As human beings people normally work at whatever we are good at and pay no attention to that which we are not proficient at. Weight training, resistance training, cardio exercise, not to mention a healthy eating plan are parts of a solid fitness plan.
Next, your recall isn’t perfect. For sometime you can recall the things you were doing as you are just starting. Nevertheless after a little progress you’ll discover yourself saying “Now, what did I do a week ago”?
Fifth, let’s discuss motivation again. You may reach a level whereby an individual’s development begins to plateau or at least it will likely be harder to make development . Your own personal fitness information can provide the ability to look back regarding where you have been and discover the advancement you are making and motivate you even more to keep nudging you in the direction of your endeavors.
Sixth, injuries may be prevented. If you happen to log just how you felt following a certain exercise it will also help to discover whether it is safe for you. If you had pain after a particular number of reps of an exercise you might like to cut down how frequent you utilize this exercise in your fitness routine.
Seventh, files provides obligation. In the event your goal is to eat healthy logging what you eat during the day may show you at what times you feel hungry, your cravings, and where you can make improvements to in your eating styles.
Once you have observed all the elements and had an opportunity to examine them, it will likely be your decision to choose whether or not this scenario for knowing more to do with recording your fitness progress is a compelling one or not.
Just maintain an open mind and evaluate the reasons. Perhaps you really ought to give more thought about documenting your fitness progression.