One of the most debilitating every day injuries which many of us struggle on with on a day to day basis is a bad back. Sometimes it is due to an inherent problem or illness which needs attention, and sometimes it is down to external factors which we can actually influence. In order to stay as pain free as possible in the back department, here are some tips on how to look after yourself:
1. Vertical posture. Good posture starts with being aware of any ingrained bad habits you may have. Do you have a tendency to stoop, lean to one side or walk with toes pointed markedly in or out? Any imbalance in your skeletal posture may affect your spine and cause back pain so try your best to improve your posture.
2. Sitting position. We all sit down at some point in the day and it is easy to get into a poor position even though you might feel comfortable. The worst offender is of course the office with many workers who sit in front of a computer all day suffering from back, neck and shoulder pain. Get a workplace assessment done and make changes where necessary.
3. Move about. Keeping still all the time doesn’t do anyone any good so try and get up and move about a bit! If you want to take it to the next level and try a workout DVD then read consumer reports on websites like Super Savvy Me to help you to make an informed choice.
4. Avoid osteoporosis. Ward off the threat of osteoporosis with a healthier, calcium rich diet, weight baring exercise and stop smoking as a major priority. Looking after your general health will always help you to maintain a pain-free back too.
5. Get a massage. It doesn’t have to hurt! Although a sports massage is one of the best ways to relieve deep rooted muscle pain. Looking after yourself with a bit of pampering and a good slathering of Olay will help you feel better about yourself and improve your chances of seeing off minor aches and pains.
6. Don’t ignore it! Back pain usually doesn’t go away by itself so if you start to suffer tell a medical professional and seek appropriate help straight away.
Try a Teeter Inversion Table Today and see the difference it can make!